From: [email-masked] (Bernard Schmitz)

(Note: This discography may be distributed in any way shape or form, but please
do not publish it without my permission. The most recent version can always be
obtained from me. Any comments, corrections etc. are encouraged.)

Fields Of The Nephilim discography version 5.10
Last revision date: April 29, 1993

"Burning The Fields" was released originally by Tower Records, and later 
re-released by Jungle Records. "Returning To Gehenna" was released by Jungle 
Records. Laura (the album) was released on Contempo Records. All releases from 
"Power" onwards are on Situation Two (a Beggars Banquet label) or Beggars 
Banquet itself.

The discography is in the form: Singles, Records, Videos.

A Fields Of The Nephilim discography:

 Singles
 -------

1985 ???  Burning The Fields e.p.
             Back In Gehenna / Trees Come Down / Dark Cell / Laura      12" N1
          (original release was in a red and black sleeve, re-releases having
           a green and black sleeve and available variously on black, white or
           green vinyl)

1986 ???  Returning To Gehenna e.p.
             Power / Laura (new version) / Secrets / The Tower / 
             Returning To Gehenna                                    12" SF008
          (later releases of RTG have rearranged the track listings. The
           original release is as above [Secrets begins side 2], with
           side a at 45rpm and side B at 33rpm. The sleeve is grey/brown)

     Aug  Power (remix) / Secrets  (white label promo 7")                SIT42
          Power (remix) / Secrets / The Tower                           SIT42T

1987 Mar  Preacher Man / Laura II                                        SIT46
          Preacher Man / Laura II / 
             Preacher Man (contaminated version)                        SIT46T

     Oct  Blue Water / In Every Dream Home A Heartache                   SIT48
          Blue Water (electrostatic) / In Every Dream Home A Heartache /
             Blue Water (hotwire)                                       SIT48T
          (initial quantities came with a poster)

1988 May  Moonchild (first seal) / Shiva (3:57)                          SIT52
          Moonchild (longevity) / Shiva (4:50) / Moonchild (unsealed)   SIT52T
          (initial pressings featured embossed sleeve)
          Moonchild (second seal) / Power (live) / Shiva (3:20) /
             Vet For The Insane (live)                                 SIT52TR 
          (initial pressings featured embossed sleeve)

     ???  Chord Of Souls                                                     ?
          (one sided white label promo 12", initial 500 came in numbered 
           custom sleeve and contained postcard, photos and a biography. 
           Another 500 were distributed without the extras)

1989 May  Psychonaut lib II / Celebrate (second seal) (4:42)             SIT57
          Psychonaut lib III / Celebrate (second seal (7:35) /
             Psychonaut lib I                                           SIT57C
          (the above is a cassette single)
          Psychonaut lib III / Celebrate (second seal) (7:35)           SIT57T
          Psychonaut lib III / Celebrate (second seal) (7:35)          SIT57TT
          (Exactly the same as SIT57T in content, the above limited edition
           12" is different only by the sleeve, which is light blue, as
           opposed to the dark purple of SIT57T)
          Psychonaut lib III / Celebrate (second seal) (7:35)                ?
          (white label  12" promo in custom sleeve)
          Psychonaut lib IIII / Celebrate (second seal) (6:00) /
             Psychonaut lib II                                         SIT57CD

1990 ???  For Her Light one / Submission Two (the dub posture)          BEG244
          (initial quantities came with a postcard)
          (dead but dreaming) For Her Light /
             Submission (non-resistance) / For Her Light one           BEG244C
          (The above is a cassette single)
          For Her Light two / Submission (non-resistance)              BEG244T
          (initial quantities came with a print)
          For Her Light two / For Her Light two  (black label 12" promo)     ?
          For her Light one / Submission Two (the dub posture) /
             (dead but dreaming) For Her Light /
             Submission (non-resistance)                              BEG244CD
          (the above was also released as a promo CD)

1990 Nov  Sumerland / Phobia (live)                                     BEG250
          (limited edition 7")
          Sumerland (dreamed version) / The Watchman (live)            BEG250T
          Sumerland / Blue Water (live) / The Watchman (live) /
             Phobia (live)                                            BEG250TR
          (both the above 12" singles were limited edition and came in
           gatefold sleeves)
          Sumerland (dreamed version) / The Watchman (live)                  ?
          (custom label 12" promo)
          Sumerland (dreamed version) / The Watchman (live) /
             Phobia (live)                                            BEG250CD
          (limited edition CD single in cardboard sleeve)

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next part of this discography is Fields Of The Nephilim's albums. These
are presented in the format: year, month, title, track listing and catalogue
number. The track listing will default to compact disc, songs with a (*) after
them are not included on the album, songs with a (+) after them are not included
on the cassette. The catalogue numbers are in the order: CD, record, cassette.

 Albums
 ------

1987 May  Dawnrazor: Intro (the harmonica man) / Slowkill / Laura II (*+) /
          ---------  Preacher Man (*) / Volcane (Mr. Jealousy has returned) /   
                     Vet For The Insane / Secrets (*+) / Dust / Reanimator /
                     The Tower (*+) / Power (*) /Dawnrazor / The Sequel
                                                       SITL18CD,SITUP18,SITCP18

     ???  Dawnrazor: Intro (the harmonica man) / Slowkill / Preacher Man /
          ---------  Volcane (Mr. Jealousy has returned) / Vet For The Insane /
                     Dust / Reanimator / Power / Blue Water / Dawnrazor /
                     The Sequel
                     (the above is the US version, released by RCA (BMG),
                      on record: 56599-1 [with lyrics], and CD: 56599-2)

1988 Sep  The Nephilim: Endemoniada / The Watchman / Phobia / Moonchild /
          ------------  Chord Of Souls / Shiva (4:50) (*+) / Celebrate / 
                        Love Under Will / Last Exit For The Lost
                                                        SITU22CD,SITU22,SITCO22

1989 Apr  The Nephilim: Endemoniada / The Watchman / Phobia / Moonchild /
          ------------  Chord Of Souls / Celebrate / Love Under Will / Last
                        Exit For The Lost
                                                                         SITU22
                        ("The Nephilim" was re-released in digitally remastered
                         form on 2x12" singles in a limited edition of 6000)

1990 ???  Elizium: (dead but dreaming) / For Her Light /
          -------  At The Gates Of Silent Memory / (paradise regained) / 
                   Submission / Sumerland (what dreams may come) /
                   Wail Of Sumer / And There Will Your Heart Be Also
                                                      BEGA115CD,BEGA115,BEGC115
                   (initial quantities came with a print)

1991 ???  Earth Inferno: Intro / (dead but dreaming) / For Her Light /
          -------------  At The Gates Of Silent Memory / (paradise regained) /
                         Moonchild / Submission / Preacher Man / Love Under 
                         Will / Sumerland / Last Exit For The Lost / 
                         Psychonaut / Dawnrazor 
                                                     BEGA120CD,BEGA120,BEGC120
                         ('Earth Inferno' is a live double album/single CD)

     ???  Soundtrack To Visionary Heads: For Her Light / Blue Water / 
          -----------------------------  Sumerland / Submission / Chord Of 
                                         Souls / Last Exit For The Lost /
                                         The Watchman / Psychonaut
                                                                              ?
                                         (UK promo cassette)

     Nov  Laura: Power / Laura (new version) / Secrets / The Tower /
          -----  Returning To Gehenna / Back In Gehenna / Trees Come Down /
                 Dark Cell / Laura                               
                                                                 CONTEDISC 196
                 (A re-release on CD of the first two EP's. Apparently a
                  bootleg)

1992 Jul  Live In Concert: Endemoniada / Love Under Will / Moonchild /
          ---------------  Blue Water / Chord Of Souls
                                                           (live CD)  WINCD023 

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fields Of The Nephilim have released 3 videos to date:

"Forever Remain"
----------------

Track listing: Endemoniada / Reanimator / Dust / Love Under Will / Trees Come
               Down / Moonchild / The Watchman / Last Exit For The Lost /
               Chord Of Souls / Preacher Man / Dawnrazor / The Sequel / 
               Phobia / Laura

'Forever Remain' is a live video.

"Morphic Fields"
----------------
Produced by Bill Buchanan.
"Moonchild", "Psychonaut" produced by Bill Buchanan and Fields Of The Nephilim.

Track listing: Preacher Man / Blue Water / Moonchild / Psychonaut

(c) 1989 Beggars Banquet.
Virgin Video SITV 007

"Visionary Heads"
-----------------
Directed and Produced by Mitch Jenkins

Track Listing: Intro (dead but dreaming) / For Her Light / At The Gates Of
               Silent Memory / (paradise regained) / Blue Water / Sumerland /
               Submission / Chord Of Souls / Last Exit For The Lost / The
               Watchman / Psychonaut

Recorded live at the Brixton Academy, London 6 October 1990
(c) 1991 Beggars Banquet.
Beggars Banquet Video BB 011

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has any corrections and/or additions please email me.

Thank you to the discographies appearing in editions 1 & 2 of "The Watchman", the
official Fields Of The Nephilim and Nefilim fanzine.

Thank you to Kristin Friedland for help and inspiration unending.

At the time of last writing (April 29) there has been no Nefilim releases. 
However a new album is expected in August 1993. Also, there will be a Fields
Of The Nephilim 2CD compilation released in May 1993.

This is possibly the last time I will revise this discography due to my 
departure from the internet, but if I ever return and do another revision
it will be available at cs.uwp.edu in /pub/music/discog/f, so check there now
and then.

Robert Schmitz
(Newcastle, Australia)